MC Modding
Please register and join the community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MC Modding
Please register and join the community!
MC Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Beginner] Basic HTML

2 posters

Go down

[Beginner] Basic HTML Empty [Beginner] Basic HTML

Post by lcass Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am

Hi I am now going to be very cheesy be warned Shocked DUH DUH DAH.
so you clicked on this link so you could learn some basic html well Im here to help.
firstly html stads for hypertextmarkuplanguage it was desiged for quick use so things could be done using the cover that we call tabs and webpages.

so your first webpage we will start with the basics EVERYTHING that declares something has these around it <>
or it will not declare it as a statement and it will not read it. every time you write something eg for a paragraph you do <p> when you want it to end you do </p> FOR EVERYTHING even I forget about this sometimes and it makes life very annoying.

right lets get started with you doing the work.
secondly open up any world editing document eg I use my brain or in some cases the computer (you need both to understand this) lol! so here we go
Code:
<html>
<title>tutorial</title>
<body>
<h1>Tutorial</h1>
<p><font>tutorial</font></p>
</body>
</html>
right lets go over what we have done.
when it goes html or title were declaring that we started the document and we want a title at the top, If I wanted to put the title anyhere else you would either put it in the body or under the body.
headings are the tags <h1> <h2> <h3> the number declares there size h1 is the largest and it goes down to a number like 20.

<font> these tags are very important it is used cause they hold ALL the text you will write up into your webpage.

now before we go any further please save you work incase you mess it up when saving make sure you save it as namehere.hmtl and in the bit at the bottom that says file type set it to all files.

how do you add an image Well most of us know already seeing as we use the [img] tags for ours but in html its diffrent litteraly you just do this <a href = "filename"></a> Very Happy now with these links what it allows you to do is insert links and photos. in the next post I do I will talk about embedding and go into more detail with links and in the font stuff for now go find yourself a nice book with html refernces its a nice simple language and if you know action script you can intergrate some nice games you can even do minecraft !!!!! I will show all next time.

go play around with you hopefully first working webpage. if you have any issues I will gladly help.

lcass

https://www.youtube.com/user/thealcasgroup

Back to top Go down

[Beginner] Basic HTML Empty Re: [Beginner] Basic HTML

Post by Strengthowns Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 am

Please use correct grammar and punctuation. Nice tutorial.
Strengthowns
Strengthowns
Admin

http://www.mcmodding.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lcass Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Yer I know I fail

lcass

https://www.youtube.com/user/thealcasgroup

Back to top Go down